≡ Menu

Immigrant Visas Professionals

Employment Based Permanent or Immigrant Visas Professionals

If a foreign national has a US employer who needs to hire that foreign national on a full-time basis, the foreign national may immigrate to the US on the basis of that employment offer if:

a college degree and the knowledge acquired through obtaining that college education is needed to perform the duties of that position, and:
the foreign national has the required college degree.
Example: An engineering firm may need a Civil, Soil, Electronic, Computer, Mechanical engineer or a chemist. All of these positions require an equivalent of a US bachelor degree in the relevant field.


1. Alien Labor Certification: The US Department of Labor must certify (1) that there are not sufficient US workers who are willing or able or qualified and available at the time and place where the foreign national is to be employed, and (2) that employment of the foreign national, if qualified, will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed US workers.

2. English Language Proficiency: Sufficient proficiency in the English language is necessary if the position requires the employee to converse with ordinary Americans.

Processing Time

Between 1 1/2 (one-and-a-half) and 4 1/2 (four-and-a-half) years.

Note: The foreign individual can enter the US in another temporary work visa status and within two to three months apply for change to immigrant status even on the basis of the same employment.