≡ Menu

Outstanding Professors or Researchers

Employment Based Permanent or Immigrant Visas
Outstanding Professors or Researchers

An outstanding foreign professor or researcher who has a job offer in the US can immigrate to the US on the basis of that employment. The employer must be a University or a private entity which has offered the foreign national a research position in an academic field. A private entity employer should have at least 3 (three) full time researchers and must have achieved documented accomplishment in that field.


Evidence of at least two of the following:

Receipt of major prizes for outstanding achievement in the academic field;
Membership in association with the academic field which requires outstanding achievements of their members;
Published material in professional publications written by others about the foreign national’s work in the academic field;
Participation on a panel, or individually, as the judge of the work of others in the same or an allied academic field;
Original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field, or;
Authorship of scholarly books or articles in scholarly journals with international circulation, in the academic field.
Evidence of the foreign national’s having 3 (three) years of experience in teaching or research in the academic field.

Processing Time

Between 8 (six) and 12 (eight) months.

Note: The foreign individual can enter the US in another temporary work visa status and within two to three months apply for change to immigrant visa status even on the basis of the same employment. Accompanying spouse and children under 21-years of age can come along.