≡ Menu

Immigrant Visas Unskilled Labor or Other Workers

Employment Based Permanent or Immigrant Visas
Unskilled Labor or Other Workers

If a foreign national has a US employer who needs to hire an unskilled worker on a full-time basis, the foreign national may immigrate to the US on the basis of that employment offer if:

less than two years experience or training is needed to perform the duties of that position, and;
the foreign national has the required experience or training to perform the duties of that position.
Example: A French, Greek, or Turkish restaurant needs a manager or a cook with less than two years experience in such positions or less than two years training in restaurant management, cooking school, etc.


1. Alien Labor Certification: The US Department of Labor must certify (1) that there are not sufficient US workers who are willing or able or qualified and available at the time and place where the foreign national is to be employed, and (2) that employment of the foreign national, if qualified, will not adversely affect the wages and working conditions of similarly employed US workers.

2. English Language Proficiency: Sufficient proficiency in the English language is necessary if the position requires the employee to converse with ordinary Americans.

Processing Time:

Between 3 (three) and 5 (four) years.

Note: All employment based permanent or immigrant visas allow the spouse and children of under 21 years age to accompany the principal immigrant to immigrate as well.