≡ Menu

Specialty Occupation Visa

Temporary Work Visas
Employment – Non-Immigrant
Specialty Occupation Visa (H-1B)


A foreign national who has a US employer who needs to hire that foreign national may obtain an H-1B Nonimmigrant work visa to come to the US on the basis of that employment offer if:

A college degree and the knowledge acquired through obtaining that college education is needed to perform the duties of that position, and;
the foreign national has the required college degree.

At least the equivalent of a US BA or BS degree and a job offer in the US for a position which requires that college education. The candidate can only work for the sponsoring employer and a new petition is required for transferring employment.

Processing Time:

It takes about 50 (fifty) to 90 (ninety) days for us to obtain such a visa for you.

Allowable Duration of Stay:

You may stay in this category in the US up to 6 (six) years.
Accompanying spouse and children under 21 (twenty one) years of age can come along.
For additional information on a specific H1-B visa situation please complete the Questionnaire.